Ethereal-dev: Re: Re: [Ethereal-dev] trying to read new format file

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gilbertr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:25:08 -0600
The file you're trying to read is a hex dump file? Ethereal can
natively read only a few types of hex-dump files. For the most part,
it would be easier to convert the hex dump to a pcap file using
"text2pcap", supplied in the Ethereal distribution.

And if text2pcap can't handle your hex dump format, you can create a
program to convert your hex dump format to a hex dump format that
text2pcap *can* handle. I did this recently; I added a
netscreen2dump.py program in the tools directory of Ethereal.

Please explain in more detail what your file format is.

--gilbert