Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] new MSVC warnings in packet-cms.c and packet-image-jfif.c

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:38:48 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

packet-image-jfif.c(662) : warning C4018: '<' : Konflikt zwischen signed und unsigned packet-image-jfif.c(675) : warning C4018: '>' : Konflikt zwischen signed und unsigned packet-image-jfif.c(724) : warning C4018: '<' : Konflikt zwischen signed und unsigned

That's the original warning message from MSVC. I didn't translated it, as it might be well understandable :-)

(How *do* you say "signed" and "unsigned" in German?)

Well, usually "signed" and "unsigned" ;-)

As the terms "signed" and "unsigned" are commonly used by german programmers too, I'm not sure what's the "grammatical correct" term in german.

As the difference is the positive/negative "sign", in german the mathematical term is "Vorzeichen", so I usually say "vorzeichenlos" for unsigned and "vorzeichenbehaftet" for signed, but others might use different terms here.

I've checked in a fix.

Which fixed it.

Regards, ULFL