Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] More detailed BGP dissection?

From: Lonnie VanZandt <lonnie.vanzandt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:08:39 -0600
I have to implement a BGP dissector for a product other than Ethereal. While
doing so, I notice that the Ethereal BGP dissector is rudimentary (and I have
the nerve to remark this in public while being a complete BGP tyro).

Would it be of interest to anyone if I upgraded the Ethereal BGP dissector to
have the detail which will be in the product on which I am working? (It would
be of interest to me personally because the other product is not a GUI
analyzer and so I don't have a nice way to display dissected BGP packets
unless I modify the packet-bgp.[ch] files of Ethereal...)

Perhaps this is already underway; if so please ping me so that I don't waste
my time. If not, and someone has an interest, send me a note so that I know I
should commit any changes that I do make privately (which appear to properly
dissect BGP packets).

Lonnie VanZandt