Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Naming conflict: capinfo

From: Aaron Turner <aturner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:04:11 -0700
Hi everyone,

I tried contacting Ian Schorr on this, but he hasn't gotten back to me,
so I figured I'd try the list. Basically, I'm the maintainer of tcpreplay
which includes a suite of tools.  One of the tools that have been
shipping with tcpreplay since 2002 is also called 'capinfo' and does
basically the same thing.

Anyways, I was hoping we could work together to figure something out
since some packaging systems will view this as a conflict, not to mention
the confusion our respective users (who are often the same people) will
experience.

Regards,
Aaron

--
Aaron Turner <aturner at pobox.com|synfin.net>  http://synfin.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin