Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win32 prerelease installer: showing the NEWS.txt in Notepad "fail

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:46:00 +0200
Hi List!

After trying to install the latest win32 prerelease, I was looking at the news which is an option at the very last installer page.

This brings up the notepad on my machine, which doesn't handle CR/NL things nicely, presenting me a massive text block, see screenshot.

As I remember this was mentioned before, we might want to fix this before the next release.

I would think we should install the NEWS.txt with the correct line endings for windows.

Regards, ULFL

PNG image