Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Pre - Release 0.10.7 Problems

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:24:30 +0200
Keith A French wrote:

I have put this post on both the users & the dev lists, as I am not sure which is the best one. I have been doing some testing with the latest pre-release of 0.10.7 (ethereal-setup-20040930161108.exe) on Win98SE, Win2k & WinXP. This is what I have encountered:- All Versions:- The Capture Filter Dialog has the "OK" button missing on it.

I can reproduce this, will have a look at it shortly.

<> Win98SE:- With WinPcap 3.1 beta 3 the program stops responding when trying to open the main capture dialog and also the preferences one. However, both work OK with WinPcap 3.0 final. As far as I can see there are no other problems under Win98SE.

Don't have a 98SE system available, so I cannot reproduce this.

Win XP Pro (SP2):- With Winpcap 3.1 beta 3 no problems on capture, but when trying to save you get a DOS box with the following errors:- Gdk-Warning gdkdrawable-win32.c:1587: BitBlt failed: The handle is invalid

I've noticed similar messages, the GTK people are working on this, but couldn't promise anything. (This is only a warning and won't do any harm)

adns warning: datagram receive error :Unknown error
<>I have seen a post that suggests a problem with name resolution for this latter one, but I am only using the default of MAC & Transport name resolution. However I have noticed a new option under name resolution in the preferences of "Enable concurrent DNS name resolution" which was ticked. Unticking this seems to have sorted these problems and it now saves OK.

Well, if you switch off adns with this, it won't display a warning :-) (This is also only a warning and won't do any harm)

I've contacted the adns win32 port author a while ago about that problem. He promissed to look at it, but I didn't get any response since then.

Regards, ULFL