Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] patch for plugin makefiles

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:42:12 +0200
Guy Harris schrieb:
Lars Roland wrote:

When we remove support for building plugins with the old plugin address table (I'm assuming that it's "when", not "if"), should we just put _NEED_VAR_IMPORT_ into config.h.win32, and remove it from the Makefile.nmake files?

No, we can't add it to config.h.win32.
_NEED_VAR_IMPORT_ has to be defined only for files which access an exported variable of libethereal. It *must* not be defined for files, which are linked into libethereal. At the moment it is defined in the makefiles in gtk subdirectory and in all plugin directories, if the plugin is linked with libethereal. some files in gtk and most or even all plugins don't need _NEED_VAR_IMPORT_, but it doesn't do any harm to them and prevents bugs.

In /trunk it is defined only in the files which need it. I'd like to move the definition of _NEED_VAR_IMPORT_ from these files to the makefile in trunk, when all files in /trunk which are linked into libethereal have been moved to epan.

The sources of wiretap don't need this definition. They aren't linked with libethereal.

Regards,
Lars