Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H323 Analysis cleanup

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:16:00 +0200
Hello Francisco,

Guy Harris schrieb:
Francisco Alcoba (ML/EEM) wrote:

The code adds H323 conversations over UDP to the conversation list,
but it does not analyze them or sets them as filter because it later
assumes the transport is TCP.   I have added a parameter to remember the
transport and build the filters accordingly.

Checked in.

IMO it was a bug, that H225 over udp converasations were shown in the dialog. Thus I have removed them. So, my previous patch makes your patch probably useless as the conversations you look for aren't available any more.

However I don't think we should add H225 RAS conversations as single H323 conversations. Instead we should use the Call Identifier to add all packets related to a call to one H323 conversation, including RAS messages (I would call it a "call").
IMO your patch goes into the wrong direction.
I 'd like to have it backed out. It doesn't work at the moment anyway. Sorry.

We should create a new tap for this instead because it is something different than H323 call anaylsis. But does it make sense to create a list of conversations, containing just 2 messages, the request and the response? If you are interested in all messages of a specific udp conversation you can use the conversation tap.

Regards,
Lars