Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Authors dialog

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 11:40:25 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:

Joerg Mayer said:
is there a specific reason why this is currently only supported on Win32?

It appears to work on UN*X - or, at least, on OS X with GTK+ 2.x - so I
checked in a change to remove the #ifdefs.

Yes, I suppose it's working on UN*X, but the things I checked in handled the generation and installation of the AUTHORS-SHORT file in win32 only, so on UN*X this would show the file, except that the file would simply not exist.

This was because I don't know the UN*X build process well (and don't want to break things), and as it was experimental at that time. As Guy fixed the UN*X build environment to include this, this is no longer the case, it should work on all platforms now (except the GTK1.2 versions, as Guy noted earlier).

BTW: Will the UN*X makefile *install* the AUTHORS-SHORT file? It has to be available at runtime, not at compiletime!

Also, shouldn't the authors-short file be put into the help directory,
just like the other help texts?

I'm not sure it's a help text, so I'm not sure it belongs in the help
subdirectory.

It's no help text and shouldn't be treated as such IMHO.

Regards, ULFL