Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Possible Usability Issue in Ethereal + Issue in the Site

From: "Stephen Samuel (leave the email alone)" <samnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 06:52:03 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:11:01AM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:

1. After I perform a capture, and without saving it, and then I try to capture
a new one I am presented with this dialog:

<<<
*Save capture file before starting a new capture?*

If you start a new capture without saving, your current capture data will be
discarded.

[Yes]  [No]  [Cancel]

Where the *..* is bold. Now, when I was presented with this dialog, for the first time I automatically read only the second line (because it was closest to the buttons), and so pressed the wrong button. It also happened sometimes in subsequent times.

Perhaps the buttons should be

	[Don't save] [Cancel] [Save]

I would also suggest an option in the 'capture' preference window
for "Do not prompt for unsaved captures".

The way that I use ethereal, it's actually pretty common for me to not
want to save a capture after I'm done with it, which makes that dialog
box annoying most of the time.

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/