Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Capture dialog ringbuffer behaviour

From: "Evan Pierce" <net17045@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:59:19 +0200
I can certainly second Guy on this point I have in production had a linux
box which basically captured all traffic to and from a developement server.
As soon as the file got to 1.2gb a new file was started and when we began
running low on disk space the files were then copied off to cd. This setup
rans continously 365 days a year so infinite ringbuffer has been an absolute
blessing here as it means very low maintenance on the capture side. These
files are analysed by a team of developers who write and load new
client/server based code onto the server on a daily basis and need to know
day by day how their code is affecting the network and vice versa.

hope this helps
Evan