Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Need to add SAP 0xC8 for HPR

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:30:11 -0800
On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:34:28AM -0500, Edward Mazurek wrote:
> I need to add a new SAP to Ethereal to get it to recognize SAP
> 0xC8 as a SNA SAP. This is a default SAP for HPR.

I.e., you want 802.2 LLC packets with a SAP of 0xC8 to be dissected as
SNA packets?

> I think that's it.

Well, that'll cause it to report a SAP value of 0xC8 as SNA HPR, but it
won't cause it to be *dissected* as SNA HPR.

To do that, you'd need to change the SNA dissector to do

	dissector_add("llc.dsap", SAP_HPR_Default, sna_handle);

in "proto_reg_handoff_sna()" in "packet-sna.c".