Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal alfa/beta releases ?

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:48:46 +0100
Hi,
Before I could build Ethereal for Windows I found it frustrating to wait two
month for new releases when things I needed
or was curious about were added to Ethereal.

 So a solution to this would be to put up alfa/beta releases on a weekly(?)
basis on the server, I think it would be most
interesting for Windows users as ( I assume ) *nix type systems most often
comes with compilers. I think it would
also provide more and better feedback on changes.

If we don't want to put to much effort into it, it should be provided
without documentation e.g no change log,
or come up with a scheme for an automated change log from the CVS mailing
list.

If this is accepted how would we label it, when I have made CVS versions of
ethereal and distributed them in my organisation
I have changed the install directory to "../ethereal-cvs/" and named the
installer "ethereal-setup-cvs-2004-02-25".

I suggest building it from a CVS tarball so you'd know exactly which sources
was used and can download them.

Perhaps also the version string should be changed to 0.10.2a(lfa) (or b(eta)
)and perhaps a version digit.

Comments ?

Best regards
Anders