Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Save As dialog height doesn't fit in 800x600 r esolution (fro

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:06:02 +0100
|From: Ulf Lamping
|
|Olivier Biot schrieb am 23.02.04 09:56:14:
|>
|> Hi list,
|>
|> It looks like the Save As dialog doesn't fit anymore
|> in a 800x600 resolution.
|
|One solution could be to put the "Packet Range" into it's own
|dialog, and print only a summary line in the save dialog "Save
|all captured packets" and a button "Range" to call the packet
|range dialog to change the setting.

Wait a minute... That's not a bad idea at all!

If we can put the packet selection gizmos in an own dialog,
we could do the following:

1. Move the packet selection gizmos into an own dialog
   (gtk/packet_selection_dlg.c)

2. In the Save and Print dialogs, add a label with the currently
   selected packet selection logic, and maybe also a packet count.
   The summary may say "(%u of %u packet%s selected)".

3. In the Save and Print dialogs, add a button which leads the
   end-user to the packet_selection_dlg and allows it to select
   the packets to save/print. Label it "Modify selection..."

|This will require some more work on this, and will make the
|dialog even less intuitive :-(

I think the proposed solution is a fair trade-off. Please comment!

Regards,

Olivier