Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] trying to make the Makefile.common really common between win3

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:33:22 +0100
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 01:13:38PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> I'm trying to make the Makefile.common really common between the unix
> and windows builds.

Great!

> We have two files that are system dependant here:
>
> pcap-util-unix.c (unix only) and
> capture-wpcap.c (win32 only)

How about a) giving both files similar names and defining them
in the Makefile.am/Makefile.nmake before the include (renaming
caputre-wpcap.c to pcap-util-win32.c or pcap-util-unix.c to
capture-pcap.c comes to mind, I never understood the dirrerent
naming conventions anyhow :-)
or b) assign something like CAPTURE_TOOLS=... in the
Makefile.am/nmake before including Makefile.common and use
$(CAPTURE_TOOLS) instead of the actual filename.

does this help?

 ciao
  Jï¿œrg