Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Q.931 patch - reassembly of segmented messages

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:32:11 +0100
Anders Sikkema wrote:
>Have you checked what happens with an H.323 capture? I expect it to
>work. I think TPKT would re-assemble first, so Q.931 would never
>see non re-assembled data...

The segmentation used for Q.931 (by using Segment message) is really not
relevant for Q.931 when used in H.225.
H.225.0 is just use a subset of Q.931.
"Segment message shall not be used" according to H.225.0, and there is "no
critical upper limit of message size" when used in H.323/H.225.0.
As you say the desegementation of H.225/Q.931 messages should be handled by
using TPKT.
We will probably notice quite soon if H.323 dissection is affected by the
changes, but I guess that it is not.