Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Q.931 patch - reassembly of segmented messages

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:06:09 +0100
I have not it tested as I do not have such an example.
But I hope it should work.

The TPKT reassembly will not avoid Q.931 segmentation
as the Q.931 segmentation is done with usage of the SEGMENT message type
(see Q.931 chapter 4.5.26 and Annex H)

Andreas Sikkema wrote:

ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The attached patch contains reassembly of segmented Q.931 messages
implementation.

Have you checked what happens with an H.323 capture? I expect it to work. I think TPKT would re-assemble first, so Q.931 would never see non re-assembled data...