Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] kerberos stuff and nettle question

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:17:38 +1100
list

beware  i just checked in the completely new rewritten kerberos dissector
together with asn.1 ber helpers in packet-ber.c

it works well for me an my colleagues that has used the code for the last
week but there are bound to be bugs left
to sort out.

in the future i envision two developments:
1, all other asn.1 pased pdus/protocols will migrate over to use the ber
helpers in packet-ber.c (and get filterable entries)
2, it will be easier to extend kerberos with more intelligence.  I really
want to be able to open the encrypted data and look at the pac structure
given
i can can provide the appropriate keytab file.

As a means towards that goal (2) I think we need to consider adding another
dependency.
Nettle is a low level crypto library unenburdened by export restrictions
that implement all crypto types we are likely to need.
Should we start adding nettle to our list of dependencies?

best regards
   ronnie s