Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] SIP: selected packet bytes (resend)

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:07:31 -0000
Hi,
I'm not sure if this trivial patch from a while back was considered or missed, but I'd still like it to be checked in (I've redone it against current CVS).

The tree view of a SIP packet looks something like this.

Session Initiation Protocol
        Request-Line
        Message Header
        Message Body
                Session Description Protocol

When you select the top level tree (i.e. Session Initiation Protocol), only the bytes as far as the header are selected below.  It seems more logical to include the whole packet here (1-line patch attached). The behaviour may date back to when SDP used to appear as a separate top-level tree.

My reason for caring is that I like to grab whole SIP packets (including bodies) as text files using File | Export | Selected Packet Bytes, and there isn't currently an easy way to do this.

Regards,
Martin