Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] patch to packet-dcerpc.c - to show interface names - win32 on

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:22:19 +0100
On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 10:14:25AM +0200, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> +	  if(ResolveWin32UUID(if_id, UUID_NAME, MAX_PATH))
> +		  iface_item = proto_tree_add_string_format (ctx_tree, hf_dcerpc_cn_bind_if_id, tvb,
> +                                        offset, 16, uuid_str, "Interface [%s] UUID: %s", UUID_NAME, uuid_str);
> +	  else
>            iface_item = proto_tree_add_string_format (ctx_tree, hf_dcerpc_cn_bind_if_id, tvb,

Another point with this patch: IMO the orginal UUID should still be shown,
to make the association between the hex values and the dissected data clear.
The name could be added either as a subtree or prefix/postfix. In that
case, ResolveWin32UUID could return "unresolved" on non-win platforms.
Also, the function itself should be put into epan/resolv.[hc]

 Ciao
        Jï¿œrg