Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Any possibility of having autosize on columnsenabled up to MA

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:57:41 +0000
I know I'm probably stating the obvious here, but I know people personally that have missed it.

It's not so much that the scroll bar is missing (or that the scroll bar had anything to do with the Info column specifically), but that the default is to size the column to the right edge of the window.  There's nothing to scroll TO.

You can, of course, bring the "horizontal scroll bar" back by manually resizing columns wider than the current Ethereal window.  One of the first things I do when I launch Ethereal usually is to move Ethereal off to the left side of the window partially, and drag the Info column width to the right quite a bit.

The MAX_COLUMN_AUTORESIZE_WIDTH was a hack that didn't really work well (the alternative was potentially having "10-mile-wide" Info column) , it really only worked by adding code to some Ethereal-copied GTK+1.2 code, and didn't work if the user was running

The hack (my code =) was removed and the current system is in place, waiting for someone to implement a better system...

Ian