Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in GTK1 win32 port of GtkFileSelection?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:14:39 +0100
Hi!

I'm one of the maintainers of the Ethereal development (see: www.ethereal.com), which uses your GTK libs from:

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

I wanted to report a bug in the current GTK1 libs port to win32 file in the GtkFileSelection. When doing the same with the GTK2 libs, all is ok at any time, so this seems to be a GTK1 specific problem.

The following is recognized by me and some other Ethereal developers too:

The file selector doesn't show the subdirs, if the drive letter of the current working path is clicked in "Directories".

Example:
My current working dir is c:\program files\ethereal
When I click on the drive letter d:\ in the "Directories" widget, all is as expected. But when I click on the drive letter c:\ the "Directories", it doesn't show the subdirs, and the "Files" show the content of the current working dir. The dropdown list shows C: When I now click .\ in the "Directories", the dropdown list now changes to C:\ and both "Directories" and "Files" show things as expected.

Had a short look at my current installation of the gimp (win32) and it seems to have the same bug!

This bug seems to be new since the gtk+-1.3.0-20030717.zip <http://www.gimp.org/%7Etml/gimp/win32/gtk+-1.3.0-20030717.zip> libs are used, earlier versions worked just fine!

I send you this mail directly, as I think this has nothing to do with the general GTK distribution and *is* win32 specific.

BTW: thanks a lot for doing the great job, porting the GTK libs to win32 :-)))

Regards, ULFL