Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New postgresql dissector

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:51:16 +0100
On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 05:30:41AM -0600, Edwin Calo wrote:
> Yeah, basically I'm depending on this to walk thru the packet.
>
>  buff_remaining = tvb_length_remaining (tvb, offset);
>
> If the packet is malformed that will failed then or return a bogus
> number? or probably I need to check it out more often (while walking
> thru it?)..

Due to the fact that I have very little time: When I first looked through
the code, I wasn't sure whether the loop alwas terminates and deferred
it to later (which isn't now unfortunately). We need a value that is decreased
for every pass we make. On a superficial glance, in case of maformed packets
the counter may remain the same (offset). The moment you guarantee that
offset increases for every run or that the loop terminates in case that
the offset was not increased during the loop, then everything is fine with me.

 ciao
   Jï¿œrg