Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Missing reference _mcount in current CVS

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:52:53 +0100
From: Guy Harris

| If you've built a profiled version of Ethereal, you'll need to do a
| "make clean" before building a non-profiled version; otherwise, the
| generated code will include calls to "mcount()" in all procedures,
in
| order to count procedure calls.

Interesting... the previous build was one with "-pg" hence with
profiler code. I now wanted to generate a build without profiling, so
I called "make distclean" prior to calling autogen.sh, configure and
make. This means the initial "make distclean" failed to clean all
objects. Is my assumption that "'distclean' does 'clean' plus removes
other generated files like Makefiles and some code files generated
from scripts" incorrect?

Regards,

Olivier