Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Please test: shared libs (v2)

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 07:22:35 +0100
This implements step two: Put the dissection stuff into libethereal.
It also does some cleanup on the shared library stuff, so if you haven't
tested the previous version, just use this one.

Moving the files into libethereal breaks the Windows build, because
I have only done rudimentary Makefiles.nmake changes. Thus ./Makefile.nmake
and epan/Makefile.nmake will need to be fixed - patches are welcome :-)

2do:

move register.o into libethereal
   (so we don't have to increase the lib version for every new
   dissector)

2do (after next release):

Move dissection files into epan/xxx/
   (lots of include fixes)
maybe install the header files needed for libwiretap and libethereal
   (need to find out which ones are needed first)

 Happy testing

                  Jï¿œrg