Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] kerberos update, new test version for those th at are brave

From: Eric Wedel <ewedel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:35:23 -0800
The new code looks very nice.
Might want to change a few "tickes" to "tickets".

Also, when it comes time to decrypt, there is a detail.
The kdc req/rep structures are used by both as* and tgs* items.
But the "usage" salt values are specific to as/tgs.  So the message type
will need to be passed into the relevant dissectors, such as
dissect_krb5_encrypted_KDC_REP().

afaik, nettle should work fine, but that still leaves an intermediate
layer to be implemented.  Take a look at the "encrypt" / "decrypt" fields
in MIT's krb5_enctypes_list[] (etypes.c).  Those are (usually) cipher and
hash-independent frameworks for applying the selected algorithms.
Something similar will need to be developed to be able to use the nettle
library for kerberos crypto.

regards, Eric