Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Next Release: Win32 NSIS installer pending que stions

From: "Anders Broman (TN/EAB)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:35:00 +0100
Hi,
Perhaps we should first split the question in two parts, most people seems to be ok with using
the new installer so ( if no objections ) we could go ahead and implement that.

The second part is what to do with the gtk2 windows version which may need some more thought.
I can see that it will be confusing for new user with two different verson no mather what we do.
 The best solution may be to have two different install directories and keep the name of the binary.
../ethereal/
../ethereal-gtk2/ ???
This may also solve future *.dll conflicts ?

Is it possible to install the same file in two directories with NSIS ? ( if one installer ).

Two different installers may be a good idea as the user presumably nows what he downloaded, and
the difference can be explained.
Best regards
Anders