Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New Dissector: sipfrag media type

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:19:31 -0000
Attached is a dissector for SIP sipfrag bodies (RFC 3420, media type message/sipfrag).

sipfrag bodies consist selected highlights of a SIP packet, although they can be as simple as a single status line (this is all I've seen so far!).  This initial version doesn't any start line, headers or attached bodies but is already very useful for following the SIP REFER method (associated NOTIFY messages have sipfrag bodies).  In order to properly parse those lines it needs to share implementation with the SIP dissector.

- can anyone donate captures with more interesting sipfrag bodies (including headers, and possibly another body?) to help with testing a fuller implementation?
- should a status line item be added as sip.Status-Line, or as sipfrag.Status-Line?  I don't have a strong preference but using sip.Status-Line would probably impact less on the existing SIP dissector...

Regards,
Martin