Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Question mark icon?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:07:15 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

I'm currently using an exclamation mark for the dialog, when asking the user if the current file should be saved before discarding it.

As this is obviously not correct, I would need an question mark icon for this,
but I couldn't find one in the images dir.

Who did the other Ethereal icons (like the exclamation mark) and could an question mark be made and added to the collection of icons?

That was me.  The Ethereal logo was generated from a Povray file:

    http://www.ethereal.com/~gerald/ethereal_logo/povray/elogo.pov

Modifying it to produces an exclamation point was easy; a question mark shouldn't be too difficult.

As an alternative, we could use the question mark from GTK2,
like we use other toolbar icons from it too.
But this would be looking different from the other Ethereal dialog icons,
so making an Ethereal specific one would be the better choice.

We may want to switch over the GTK2 icons completely for our dialogs instead of our custom ones, in order to be more consistent with other GTK2/GNOME applications.

That sounds ok to me, so I will convert the GTK2 dialog icons that are available:

GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_ERROR ("no entry" sign)
GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_INFO (light bulb)
GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_QUESTION (question mark)
GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_WARNING (exclamation mark)

I will convert them to xpm, to be also available on GTK1 and put them in the CVS.

BTW: all available icons from GTK2 can be seen at:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Stock-Items.html

Regards, ULFL