Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Core dump in current gsm-sms-ud dissector

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:20:49 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Wilson"

| Hi,
|
| On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:47:09 +0100 "Olivier Biot" wrote:
|
| > Could you generate an *unified* diff (diff -u) against the current
CVS
| > version?
| > Your patch somehow gets mangled.
|
| Apologies.... see attached.

Checked in, but I renamed allow_write to disallow_write.

There is however a bug somewhere in the reassembly code as when
disallowing subdissectors to set the columns I get an "[Illegal Short
Message fragments] (Short Message Reassembled)" entry in the summary
column in a *forged* capture where I accidentally merged three
identical SMPP captures with mergecap; the error is visible only on
the 1st reassembled packet's summary line. Looking in the Short
Message fragments subtree, I see that the reassembly code reports
conflicting overlapping data, however the tvb_subsets do not overlap
(but one gets replicated twice because of the accidental
triple-merger).

Regards,

Olivier