Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Interface does not show up in the list.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:39:05 +0100
Josh Sexton wrote:

Hello,
I read the FAQ and it said I should make you aware of this problem. I had Ethereal installed on this machine and it worked very well. Since then, I reinstalled the OS and now it does not show any devices in the list of interfaces. P4 1.6GHz, 768MB ram
Windows 2000, SP4
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
WinPcap 3.0

Thumb question first: Did you reinstalled WinPcap ;-)

Ok, have a look at the preferences->capture page, as it might be an old interface name saved in your preferences file making trouble.

Choose an interface there and do a save.

Also have a look, if at that page the "Edit" show up a dialog with some interface "hide" option is selected for some unknown reason.

Regards, ULFL