Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] PATCH: Separating the GSM SMS User-Data dissector from SMPP

From: Chris Wilson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:42:17 +0000
Hi Olivier,

As promised, please find attached a patch & new source file to separate the GSM SMS User-Data dissector from the SMPP dissector.

I've renamed the protocol (since it isn't SMPP specific and merely dissects TP-UD from a GSM 03.40 SMS, assuming there is a UDH).

I've another SMS protocol dissector on the way that makes use of this (GIP) and will modify the UCP dissector shortly to pass TP-UD to GSM SMS UD. Might even go the whole hog and write Nokia CIMD2 and Sema OIS dissectors, since they might be handy too :-)

The various SS7 dissectors (GSM MAP, GSM A Interface) should also be able to pass on messages to the GSM SMS UD dissector.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Wilson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>