Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector for content type multipart/mixed (2)

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:40:39 +0100
Hello Anders,

The media subdissectors only need their fully-qualified media type. However it looks like we will need to add this media_type to any media subdissector as we're currently only using the pinfo->match_string for this, but we then do not have access to the essential media type parameters such as the character set for text media dissectors, and the boundary string and possible start info for multipart media encapsulation. Unless we can live with a solution based on adding this info in pinfo->private_data.

Regarding your 2nd item, it is already available since last week. Look at packet-text-media.c for this!

Regards,

Olivier