Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [WinPcap-bugs] Problems with defining inline, when winpc

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:44:03 +0100
Loris Degioanni wrote:

Hi,

Hi List!

When compiling Ethereal (a network protocol analyzer) using MSVC, I (and
a lot others) are getting the following warning:

D:\ulfl\proj\Ethereal\libs\WPdpack\include\gnuc.h(18) : warning C4005:
'inline' : Makro-Neudefinition

D:\ulfl\proj\Ethereal\libs\ethereal.com\include\glib-2.0\glib/gutils.h(95)
: Siehe vorherige Definition von 'inline'

The source sequence producing this warning looks like this:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

#ifdef HAVE_LIBPCAP
#include <pcap.h>
#endif

As the glib/gtk already defines 'inline', pcap.h has some problems with
it.
When switching the sequence (including pcap.h before gtk.h), the warning
does not appear.

I'm using winpcap version 3.0.

Is it possible, to define 'inline' only, if it's not already defined?

No problems, but are you sure you are using version 3.0 of the WinPcap
develper's pack? In this version, gnuc.h is no more included by bpf.h, and
therefore by pcap.h. As a consequence, WinPcap and the developer's pack
tools don't use gnuc.h at all. Unless Ethereal explicitly includes gnuc.h,
and unless I'm missing something, you should have no problems with it.

Loris