Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] COMMON_FILES_GNU

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:49:05 +0100
Hello Ian,

Ian Schorr wrote:

And why does the ethereal.nsi seem to want to find files like libglib-2.0-0.dll, libgtk-0.dll, adns_dll.dll, etc in the ${COMMON_FILES_GNU} dir instead of the appropriate ${GTK_DIR}, ${GLIB_DIR}, or ${ADNS_DIR} subdir?

We need the dlls in ${COMMON_FILES_GNU} when we call
"tethereal -G" for building the display filter documentation. Therefore ${COMMON_FILES_GNU} was added to the PATH variable in config.nmake .

We just reuse ${COMMON_FILES_GNU} in the nsis script.

However tethereal doesn't need the GTK dlls. We can use the appropriate ${GTK_DIR} instead of ${COMMON_FILES_GNU} for them in ethereal.nsi . I already changed this recently for the GTK2 stuff.

So if you use GTK2, you can just extract developer and binary packages of GTK2, pango and ATK into one directory (preserve directory structure) and you will have all what you need for building ethereal with GTK2, documentation and installer in the right place.

Regards,

Lars