Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.0a plugin details lists nothing -- HPUX 11.11

From: Albert Chin <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:03:37 -0600
On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:10:37PM +0530, Durai wrote:
>  I have a problem with the Ethereal 0.10.0a on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC).
>
>  After built the ethereal, when I click Help->About  Plugins,
>  it lists nothing. But, It is compiled with the  plugins(acn.sl, asn1.sl,
> cosnaming.sl, enttec.sl, lwres.sl, mgcp.sl,  rdm.sl
>  artnet.sl ,coseventcomm.sl, docsis.sl, gryphon.sl , megaco.sl, pcli.sl
> ,rtnet.sl).

The problem is that your 11i system supports dlopen() and shl_load()
to load libraries. When you build glib, it select dlopen as the
preferred method to load libraries, and it equates the ".so" extension
with dlopen() libraries. The fix is to firce glib to use shl_load. We
did this by modifying the configure.in file in glib-1.2.10 to check
for shl_load() first.

--
albert chin (china@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)