Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 3GPP RADIUS VSAs (according to TS 29.061 V4.8.0)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:20:06 -0800

On Dec 4, 2003, at 3:02 PM, Rui Carmo wrote:

I've recently had need to parse some of the 3GPP RADIUS VSAs (and at least identify the rest), so a colleague of mine dug up the specs and I coded the following patch. It identifies all 18 of the currently defined 3GPP VSAs and prints out the values we needed (mostly IPv4 addresses so far). I've left out IPv6 (for now, since I can't test this yet) and left UTF-8 data unparsed (no real way to test it either).

Is there some reason why there are THE3GPP_SGSN_ADDRESS and THE3GPP_GGSN_ADDRESS type values, rather than just making those TLV's have the type RADIUS_IP_ADDRESS? (That enum isn't supposed to be an enum of every single attribute, it's supposed to be an enum of attribute types.)

Similarly, perhaps there should be a RADIUS_UTF8_STRING type for all the UTF-8 strings and a RADIUS_IPV6_ADDRESS type for IPv6 addresses.

Also, THE3GPP_CHARGING_ID is just like RADIUS_INTEGER4 except that it's printed with "%d" rather than "%u" - is it really a *signed* 32-bit integer? If not, it should probably just be RADIUS_INTEGER4.