Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Running decode-as over a highlighted portion and saving it to a f

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:17:04 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Andrew Tridgell has written as small patch that allows him to save the
highlighted portion of the byte view to a file. His patch is here:

http://samba.org/ftp/tridge/misc/ethereal-rawhex-hack.patch

At the moment it is a simple hack, but it struck me that some code to be
added to allow us to:

1. Save a highlighted region to a file ...

2. Decode a highlighted region as a selected protocol

I guess that one question I have is how can I retrieve the details of the
highlighted region so I can retrieve the highlighted region to stick into
a TVB or write to a file?

Regards
-----