Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Can't read libpcap files with a CygWin build

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:21:39 +0100
Hi Anne-Sophie,

Many thanks for the hint. I recompiled without ZLIB and now I am able to
read PCAP files again!

This seems to be an old and known bug in zlib. I find references to it in
ethereal-dev threads of January 2000 (Subject: zlib support issue)...

BTW there's a new ZLIB available (1.2.1). I'll try to see whether it fixes
the cygwin zlib issues...

Regards,

Olivier