Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: reorganizing source tree

From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:38:11 -0800 (PST)
Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx (Biot Olivier) wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> If cvs doesn't allow us to move files, which becomes almost inevitable in
> larger and longer-lasting projects, then we may be interested in finding a
> tool which provides the missing functionality and has a short learning
> traject for CVS users.

I developed a program called Meta-CVS, which layers serious directory
structure versioning over CVS, and other cool features too.

It's mostly compatible with CVS, command-for-command and
option-for-option, wherever that makes sense. For instance, the reporting
commands log, diff and annotate, just apply a transformation to the list
of input files and call CVS.

Others do a lot more work in addition to calling CVS, like update.

Then there are commands that have no counterpart in CVS, like branch,
merge, switch, move and link.

--
Meta-CVS: directory structure versioning; versioned symbolic links;
versioned execute permission; versioned property lists; easy branching