Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [patch] save & load hostname-cache

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:21:04 +0100

I have a low priority request for anyone looking at name resolution: I'd like to be able to disable MAC to IP resolution and see MAC to manuf resolution. MAC to IP is rarely useful to me (I can see the IP address further down the tree), MAC to manuf is occasionally useful. I sometimes disable the ARP dissector to achieve this.

I guess MAC to IP is more generally useful, so the present behaviour should be the default.

Julian.