Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Conversations

From: "Andreas Sikkema" <andreas.sikkema@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:13:21 +0200
On woensdag 8 oktober 2003 10:05, Anders Broman (TN/EAB) wrote:

> I would like a feature where you could use E.164 number to
> start and add to a conversation. We have a scenario where a "call"
> through the system uses a number of protocols and the only common
> factor at call setup is the E.164 number.

Create a new conversation data type, with a type variable and a data segment. In the user interface one can search for type and its associated data (in the most userfriendly from the data ccan be typed in according to the type). Add also a userdefined type which you can supply hex data.

For instance:
type			data
e.164			+311012345678
user defined	AABBCCDDDEEFF