Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Multiline in COL_PROTOCOL and COL_INFO

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:37:27 +0200
Hello,
  I have made some changes to support multiline text in the COL_PROTOCOL
and COL_INFO. Unlike my changes last week it supports GUI too.
  This feature can be switched on in Preferences.../User
Interface/Multiline packet list.
If this feature is switched on then the "\n" character is checked in the
COL_PROTOCOL
and COL_INFO columns and the text is split into more lines. It is done
for GUI, printer output and tethereal output.

Note: there are two different possible features:
1) multiline text in some columns
2) multiple rows per packet
My patch solve the 1st feature. The 2nd feature can be implemented
independently and both can be used together.

Technical note:
As GtkCList does not support multiline text it was solved using multiple
GtkCListRow for one "logical" row.
Impact on following actions was tested (and fixed if necessary):
- packet filtering
- packet sorting
- colorize display
- find frame, next, previous