Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.9.11 coredumps on Solaris8 when using remote windowing

From: Falk Hayn <Falk.Hayn@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:09:45 +0200 (MEST)
Dear Ladies and Sirs,
Ethereal 0.9.11 coredumps on Solaris 8 when using remote windowing.

The effect is reproducable in my enviorement:

Target machine Solaris 8, Display is Solaris8:
ethereal: 404 Segmentation Fault(coredump)

Target machine Solaris 8, Display is HP-UX 11.00
ethereal: 6116 Segmentation Fault(coredump)

Target machine Solaris 8, Display is Exceed 6.x
ethereal: 6235 Segmentation Fault(coredump)

I did not observe this behaviour in earlier Ethereal versions.

Target machine HP-UX 11.00, Display is Exceed 6.x
--> Effect does not occur

I built Ethereal and all libs from source on all platforms.
I�m still using GLIB/GTK 1.2.10

Is this effect known or reproducable by others ?

With regards
F.

Bitte l�cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!