Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] TCP Framentation bug?

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:45:32 +0100
Agreed but only partially. If the trace is taken on some SUN Solaris
machines from which the TCP traffic is originating, then all sent TCP
packets will probably have a bad TCP checksum.

It would be better to provide a preference parameter in the TCP handler
allowing us to choose between ignoring and considering the TCP checksum
errors altogether.

Regards,

Olivier