Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [patch] interpret codes for FTP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:28:55 -0800
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 06:53:20PM +1100, Brad Hards wrote:
> The attached patch provides a textual interpretation for the various FTP
> response codes, based on the list in RFC 959. I also did some minor cleanups
> to the same area.
>
> Please review and apply, as appropriate.

I've checked in a version that uses a value_string table for the
"hf_ftp_response_code" field, so that

	1) the entry in the protocol tree for the response code is an
	   entry for that field rather than a text entry (so that you
	   can, for example, use the "Match" and "Prepare" menu items);

	2) that field has a value/description table associated with it
	   (so you can use it when constructing a filter).