Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] tap

From: Jason House <jhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:06:36 -0500
Guy Harris wrote:

> > Oops, I meant to say tap-protocolstat.c.   sorry :(
> So where is "tap-protocolstat.c"?
> Or did you mean "tap-protocolinfo.c"?

LOL...
Yeah, that's it...  One of these days I'll get my head screwed on straight.

> > ... causing edt->tree to cache the result for the particular field(s) of
> > interest... and then simply calling proto_get_finfo_ptr_array (see
> > protocolinfo_packet).
>
> It sounds as if that's what you meant.

Well, at least I got that right ;)

> > That's only necessary if Miha needs to preserve the structure of the tree or
> > not.
> > Maybe I misunderstood his request... I was under the impression that he
> > simply wanted to read a specific field of a packet.
>
> So was I, but I didn't remember "proto_get_finfo_ptr_array()".

Well, I had implemented stuff the wrong way int he past, so when Ronnie used that
method, it stuck... or at least some vague memory of the "easy way"... even if I
can't seem to actually describe anything clearly... I guess that's what I get for
trying to say something "in brief"... here I am on e-mail #3 instead of just 1
e-mail.  I guess I can look forward to a productive work day ;)