Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Misidentified packets in latest cvs. (was problem with kerber

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:05:07 -0800
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:02:28AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Jaime Fournier wrote:
> > This attachment contains a single packet.
> > My cvs from a week ago decodes it as KRB5RPC.
> > However, my latest CVS from today shows it as
> > IEEE 802.11 Association Request.
>
> My CVS update from last night still shows this as KRB5RPC.

Same here.

Note that the WTAP_ENCAP_ values have changed recently; if one's
Makefile doesn't have up-to-date dependencies (including "doesn't have
dependencies at all"), or if one isn't using a Makefile (e.g., if one is
using Makefile.nmake), the change to the header file will not force all
files using "wiretap/wtap.h" to be compiled, which can, if certain files
are not recompiled, cause a DLT_LINUX_SLL capture to be interpreted as
an 802.11 capture, causing the symptoms in question.

Jaime should try doing a "make clean" (on UNIX, or on Windows with
Cygwin if he's gotten that to work) or a "nmake -f makefile.nmake clean"
(on Windows with MSVC++) and then do a rebuild.