Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] aix fddi captures and TCP Stream Analysis

From: "J. Smith" <lbalbalba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:34:53 +0200
Hi.

A while back, I reported some problems with the reading of AIX433 iptrace/tcpdump format tracefiles when capturing on an fddi interface, and these problems were quickly solved for which my many thanks :)

But right now I appear to be having another problem with AIX fddi tracefiles when I try to use the TCP Stream Analysis features of Ethereal. When I load an aix433 tcpdump or iptrace fddi capture in the latest release (snapshot ethereal-2002-11-29 on Linux), and select a TCP packet, I get the error message "Selected packet is not a TCP segment", even though Im really sure that it *is* a valid TCP segment. ;) The GUI reports the packet types correctly as 'TCP' though, so I guess the problem lies within the TCP Stream Analysis code. Since my AIX433 *ethernet* style captures work correctly and do not seem to have this problem, might this problem somehow be related to the previous problem I had with AIX fddi captures ?

Sincerely,

J.Smith