Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Request: Change the allowed license of plugins

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:51:32 -0800
Hi Ronnie,

What drawbacks do you see in changing the plugin license ? I haven't been able
to make out what your worries are. Can you repeat them to me one more time ?

As to the real benefits for changing it, I see :
   - Ethereal gets a bunch of decoders for proprietary protocols which trumps
     over other commercially available analyzers.
   - Decoders such as H.323 developed by Andrea can be used with Ethereal.

Thanks,

Dinesh

--
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
                                           - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe